08 Oct Halloween Safety Tips!
Halloween is around the corner, and it’s going to be a very different type of holiday!
Some cities are allowing Halloween activities to commence but with extra care during the 2021 Covid-19 Pandemic. Eagle Protective Group wants you and your family to make sure this holiday is a safe one.
The following are some tips gathered from the CDC and Dallas County authorities to help you have a safe and fun Halloween!
The County of Dallas as of 10/1/21 DOES NOT recommend routine and traditional Halloween activities and they suggest the following alternatives:
Halloween movie nights at home or drive-in theaters
Halloween-themed meals at home or OUTDOOR seating at restaurants that comply with the safety protocols
Dressing up homes and yards with Halloween-themed decorations.
Scavenger hunt style candy searches around your home.
Halloween gatherings, events, or parties with non-household members. THIS INCLUDES BARS – Remember, the fewer people you interact with, the more you limit your exposure.
Carnivals, festivals, live entertainment, and haunted house attractions.
Door-to-door trick or treating
“Trunk or Treat” events
For more ideas, please visit the Dallas event schedule for activities available
If you absolutely intend to participate with trick or treat events, please follow the CDC guidelines to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Make trick-or-treating safer for kids
- Avoid direct contact with trick-or-treaters.
- Give out treats outdoors, if possible.
- Set up a station with individually bagged treats for kids to take.
- Wash hands before handling treats.
- Wear a mask (medical).
For Trick or Treaters
- Make your cloth mask part of your costume.
- A costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask.
- Do NOT wear a costume mask over a cloth mask. It can make breathing more difficult.
- Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing
Stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you
- Indoors and outdoors, you are more likely to get or spread COVID-19 when you are in close contact with others for a long time.
Wash your hands
- Bring hand sanitizer with you and use it after touching objects or other people.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Parents: supervise young children using hand sanitizer.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you get home and before you eat any treats.
We here at Eagle Protective Group hope you have a safe and fun Halloween this year. Stay strong, stay resilient, and we’ll get through this.
Eagle Protective Group loves their customers, and we take great care in understanding our customer’s private security patrol needs. Whether you need us for a short event, or long term for your church or school, EPG can cater our services to fit your exact profile.
We also offer Private Security Services such as:
- Gated Community Security (Guards)
- Security Guard Services for Businesses, schools, and churches.
- Private Body Guards
- Concierge Services
- Celebrity Protection
- Executive Protection Agents
- Private Investigative Services
- VIP Luxury Living Protection
- VIP Transportation and more!